Midwest GameFest features board games, card games, historical and other miniatures wargaming, role-playing games of all sorts, workshops, and more! Some are single game events, while others may be tournaments or competitive play. The list of events expands up until the convention, so check back regularly.
We have gaming industry guests and workshops, game demonstrations, benefit events and special gaming events.
Event hosts can earn discounts for running their events. Run enough events and you get in free! Get details and sign up at the Event Submissions page.
Note: Hosts do NOT have to also fill out a Volunteer application.
Important: Event submission ends October 28th at 5pm!
Event sign-ups are now online! Head over to see the event list and secure your seat prior to the event at the Event Sign-Up page.
Important: Online event sign-ups ends November 4th at 5pm.
Unless otherwise specified, game slots are every four hours with a one-hour break: 9am-1pm, 2pm-6pm, and 7pm-11pm. Saturday evening's slot is 8pm-12am (midnight). You can submit a game for another time outside of these slots (e.g. different start time, longer/shorter length), and we will try to accommodate it as best we can, especially for board games, panels, etc. Keep in mind that attendees come to conventions to play lots of games, so be wary of submitting an event with a long duration, as it might not get many participants. Time details are available on at our Schedule page.
Host/GM discounts are available for the following circumstances:
- $10 discount on any badge, including single-day badges, for each four-hour slot you register to host an event. You can stack up to four of these discounts and receive a free four-day badge (the final $5 is waived).
Small Game Publishers
If you are a game developer seeking exposure for your project, consider getting an Exhibitor booth to run your games at. Exhibitor booths are in our main hall, in high-traffic areas, granting some great exposure for you and your game. In addition to submitting your event, just fill out an Exhibitor form and we'll get back to you.
Typical Event Types
- Roleplaying games (usually 1 slot)
- Board games
- Miniatures (war) games
- Card games
- Live Action Roleplaying games (LARPs)
- Seminar/panel discussion
- Costume contests
- Art contests
Tell us the size of table you need in the Special Considerations field if it is a concern. Our role-playing tables are 6' rounds and seat eight. Our board game tables are 6x2, but we have some doubled-up to be 6x4. Our miniatures tables are likewise all combinations of 6x2 tables, so keep this in mind. We can probably accommodate any combination but just need to know in advance.
Small Print for Event Hosts
- Event hosts have the option to run events as a bystander or play in their own event. If the event sells out and the host has not purchased a ticket to reserve their seat they are expected to participate as a non-player only.
- As a host, you agree to tidy your event space before you leave and to vacate it in advance of the next event so they may set up.