Midwest GameFest is holding a food drive and benefit event for Harvesters again this year. Help us help those in need by donating non-perishable foods at the registration desk. Each qualifying donated food item is good for one ticket at our benefit raffle Saturday at 7:00pm!
You can also help by purchasing tickets directly at the Registration/Will-Call desk or online at our Badge Add-On Store.
Every $1 helps Harvesters provide three meals.
Harvesters' Most Needed Items
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit
- Boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, Pasta Roni Mac & Cheese)
- Canned meat/tuna
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Canned soup
- Cereal – hot and cold
Household/Personal Care Products
- Toilet Paper
Most Needed Kid-Friendly Items
Easy-to-open, easy-to-prepare foods such as:
- Protein Items (single-serving canned meat or soup with pop-top, shelf-stable hummus or sun butter, or chicken/tuna salad kit)
- Whole grain items (crackers or pretzels)
- Snack Items (raisins or trail mix)
- Fruit cups with pop-tops or single-serving applesauce
- Granola bars
- Shelf stable milk or juice box (100% juice)
- Peanut butter
Harvesters is a local food bank, which is a centralized food collection and distribution facility that provides food and household products to agencies serving people in need. In 2008, Harvesters distributed more than 28 million pounds of food and household products in our 13-county direct service area in and around Kansas City. For more information go to www.harvesters.org.
- Food drives are Harvesters’ best source of high-quality nonperishable foods and household or personal care items.
- All products collected during food drives are distributed in our region through Harvesters’ network of more than 620 nonprofit agencies.
- All the people served by their agencies, 20 percent are seniors.
- Every $1 helps Harvesters provide three meals.
- Food and fund drives also raise awareness about the issue of hunger in the community.