Early-bird event sign-up for Kickstarter backers is now over, so everyone can create an account, pay through PayPal, and sign-up for events! Head on over to create your account and get started!
Check out the Event List:
...and the Event Table:
We are still missing a lot of our organized play events, but D&D Adventurer’s League is already in the system. Check back later for Pathfinder Society, Heroes of Rokugan, and Shadowrun Missions.
New Special Guests
In addition to great guests like Star Wars’ Sterling Hershey and D&D Adventurer’s League's Jon Lamkin, we are pleased to announce a slew of new special guests! Here are the highlights, but get the full scoop at the site.
- Jon Hook, freelance author and award-winning Call of Cthulhu podcaster.
- Charles Ryan, chief operating officer at Monte Cook Games, the makers of Numenera andThe Strange.
- Tammie Ryan, customer service manager at Monte Cook Games.
- Bear Weiter, art director at Monte Cook Games.
Our special guests will be participating in panels Saturday afternoon between 2pm and 6pm. Watch for an announcement with panel details coming soon!
Pre-registration and event sign-up are now available to everyone! Our Kickstarter backers had a week of early-bird registration and now its everyon else's turn! Head on over to create your account, pay with PayPal and sign-up for events.
Event hosts/GMs and volunteers can indicate their discounts on the pre-registration form to save a ton, all the way up to free admission.
Spread the word!
Our Kickstarter backers are almost done with their early-bird event sign-up period. That means it's almost time for everyone else to get registered!
Starting Monday, October 12, nonbackers will be able to pre-register and sign-up for events right from the Midwest GameFest website. Event hosts/GMs and volunteers can indicate their discounts on the pre-registration form to save a ton, all the way up to free admission.
Check back October 12 for pre-registration launch announcement, and spread the word!
Watch Your Emails
Backers who submitted their surveys will be receiving an email from Midwest GameFest with a link to activate their midwestgamefest.org accounts. Remember, each email address is unique and tied to your backer account. We have sent an email with a unique link to each attendee (spouse, child, etc) as detailed in our backer survey. Make sure and use these links to create accounts for everyone who is coming.
Follow the link in the email and you'll be taken to the Midwest GameFest sign-up system where you'll be asked to finalize your account creation. Provide a password and you'll be set to sign-up for events, select the days you'll be attending, and get the details squared away. Change you mind on events later? No sweat, since you can come back at any time and change your events (up until closer to the convention). When you come back to make changes, visit the site and find the Sign-Up link under Events.
Didn't Get an Email?
Organized Play Events
Part of being an early-bird is that not all of the worms are available yet. Our organized play events are not yet in the system. We hope to get that taken care of during this week, but we do not yet have events submitted by all parties. Don't let this stop you from signing up though, as you can always come back and change your schedule as more events are added!
We couldn't have gotten this far without your help, and we know it. Take this early-bird sign-up week as a small token of our affection and go play some games!
---Midwest GameFest Staff
If you missed our previous update then you may not know that this last week we met our initial funding goal of $4,000! And THEN we also met our first stretch goal of $5,000 to bring special guest Jon Lamkin and the D&D Adventurer's League's "Fai Chen's Fantastical Faire" to Kansas City.
This final week of the Kickstarter we are pleased to announce even more great news, so let's get started!
We're pleased to announce two new guests this week!
- Jon Lamkin, the D&D Adventurer's League's Regional Coordinator for the U.S. Plains Region will be running games, answering questions, and operating Fai Chen's Fantastical Faire. The Faire is the only way to exchange D&D AL certs, and acquire new ones out-of-game. Jon brings with him a special GenCon cert that players will definitely want to get their hands on!
- Freelance author Sterling Hershey (Star Wars, D&D, The Last Parsec) will be on hand to run his games, answer questions, and participate in our Industry Panel. A game with Sterling is always a good time, so don't miss out.
And this week we're also pleased to announce four confirmed exhibitors:
- Duel Grounds: Makers of Cthulhu Deckbuilder, focused around the Lovecraft theme, and coming to Kickstarter in 2016.
- Pocket Odyssey: makers of the first tabletop micro-RPG ever! No pen and paper needed just devilishly charming wit and an adventurous spirit!
- Jeff Porter Illustration: An incredible freelance Illustrator whose work includes some of gaming's brightest stars: Paizo Publishing, Catalyst Games, Fantasy Flight Games, Pelgrane Press, Kyoudai Games, Northwiter Press.
- The Seven Deadlies Game: It's a race to Hell, and you gotta sin to win in this socially geared, card based game! Every sin has a story! What's yours?
New Organized Play Rewards
There's lots of news on this front, including new backer reward tiers for special events!
D&D Adventurer's League
- New backer reward for the Friday night world premiere of DDEX3-11, "The Quest for Sporedome," an adventure for levels 5-10.
- Fai Chen's Fantastical Faire will be in attendance, allowing AL members to exchange certificates and acquire new ones.
- A special GenCon certificate will be available.
- And did you know we'll be running AL each slot? Spread the word!
- New backer reward for NERPS! cards that grant players a +3 dice pool bonus.
- New backer reward for the Friday night premiere of a Mission not seen outside GenCon.
Heroes of Rokugan
- Only one seat left for the special Bonds of Blood Sunday morning event. Get yours while they last!
Play to Win
In addition to the great variety of board games normally provided by the Gamer's Haven Game Library, their involvement with Double Exposure's Envoy program will be providing additional games that players can win just by playing! That's right, each time you play one of the Play to Win games and you'll be entered into a drawing to win the game.
Event Submission Now Open
We are now accepting event submissions at the Midwest GameFest website! Hosts/GMs use the submission form to let us know what you are running, when, and how many seats you'll need. If you are running an event more than once, make sure to only submit it once and simply indicate which slots it will run in.
Hotel Rooms Running Low
Our initial allotment of rooms at the Sheraton has filled up. We were able to secure more, but if you are planning on staying at the Sheraton you need to book your rooms soon. They've informed us that weekend is filling up quickly!
More to Come
Thanks for another incredible week, and stay tuned for more announcements as we ride out the last week of the Kickstarter! Remember, the Kickstarter ends September 9, 2015, so make sure to tell your friends, co-workers, and family about it.